Thursday, May 22, 2008

Journal of Iraq: 110 Degrees and Rising...

So I haven't even updated my blog since Ive been to Iraq. Things here have been going great since we got into country. I'm all settled in in my trailer for the next 14 long months, and myself and the Chaplain and starting to get into our flow of work as well.
It's so hard to believe that I am in Iraq! As we've gone to a few different places here I look around and see things that I've heard about or seen in the news and its weird to know that I am actually here! Last week I went to the Al Faw palace, which is one of Saddams palaces.
The weather is another experience here that is crazy in itself. Today was probably the hottest day we have had so far since we've been here. It was about 110 degrees. Thank God we have airconditioning because I dont know what Id do without it LOL.
I have a good feeling about these upcoming months that we spend here. I know God is going to use this as a time for me to draw near to Him and become closer to Him than I have ever been.

and i promise i will try and keep this updated more often...really... i promise

2 Comments:

Blogger Our Family said...

Tom - it was good to read an update! Of course I hear from Michelle every time you call, but its fun to read what you have to say for myself. We are continually praying for you and will be getting a care package ready to send to you soon :) Love, Ryan, Jen and Elle

12:48 AM  
Blogger Our little family said...

Hi honey! Keep updating this I was so excited to see you wrote and I know my sister will be too, she enjoys keeping up with it. Love you bunches and miss you!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home