Thursday, March 13, 2008

JOURNAL of IRAQ - APFT

This morning we took the APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test), and I’m very happy to say that I passed. I didn’t do as well as I’d hoped I would but, none the less I passed so I’m happy either way. Just to explain more about the APFT for the folks at home it is a test of our individual physical status. During the test you have to see how many push-ups you can do in two minuets and how many sit-ups you can do in two minuets. After the push-ups and sit-ups you have to run two miles as fast as you can. There is a certain standard you have to meet, and it graded by age and sex groups. Overall it’s not so horrible as it sounds. Now I can take a big sigh of relief and relax knowing now that I’ve passed my PT test and can relax a little bit now!

There is one week left until we go on block leave! I can’t wait to get home and see everyone. It’s crazy how much I have missed Iowa. It’ll be great to be back home. Until then... pro deo et patria, facta cum honore!

Wilcox out

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Our Family said...

Congrats on passing your PT test Tom!! We can't wait to see you guys either - 1 more week!!! Yeahhhh!!!!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home